September 25, 2009

Fresh from the worktable...

This is just a glimpse...a tease, if you will...of a frame that I made to go with my new 50s pin-up picture. The girl in the photo is wearing nothing but a blue hair-bow, black heels and black lace undies. I used flocked paper and a few little tricks to make the frame look *just* like her skivvies and I absolutely LOVE the effect.



The frame itself, incidentally, was a $3.50 find at Michaels. It looked like it had been dragged behind a bus, so I asked for a discount off the regular $39 price. Yowsa! (If there's one thing that I learned from working in retail it is that you can usually get what you want if you are *nice* about it. So, be nice and you'll get the deals!)

Next up is a collage that I stayed up way too late to work on the other night. I have been doing customs and getting stock ready for sales for weeks and weeks and weeks, so it was nice to create something just for the sake of creating something.



The title of this collage is "When life gives you lemons..." and it's probably pretty obvious why. It's the first in what is going to be a series of "kitchen" pieces. I have a stash of vintage cookbooks that are just itching to get put to a good use. And, after flipping through them in amusement/horror, I can assure you that this is the best use for them.

Note: Yes, the photography in this post sucks. It was the best I could do with my BlackBerry in the middle of the night. Sadly, my creative bursts never seem to happen in concurrence with good, natural lighting. Better pics to follow...I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment