May 12, 2010

XXX stitch

Things that you wouldn't know by looking at me:
#875 - I heart cross-stitching.

Don't laugh. I really do. There's something so zen about making all those neat little stitches and filling in the background with pixelated goodness. Plus, it's a fabulous way to kill time and keep the hands out of the ol' cookie jar. Or, in my case, popcorn bowl.

As much as I enjoy it, though, I haven't done it in ages. I think a renaissance is in order! It's time to bring back the aida cloth and get hooped.

One of my fave sayings is "Ha! Stitch that on a pillow!", so it seems pretty obvious that my first project should be a little pillow for the living room. I have the perfect saying in mind, too, but I'm not sharing it 'til its done!

In the meantime, have fun playing with this Alphabet Generator.
I know I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment