October 8, 2010

I'm with the Band

The mascot’s 13th birthday party had a “Guitar Hero” theme. To carry it out, we had invites that looked like concert tickets, a band “rider” (with candy buffet), rockin' tunes and backstage passes on lanyards, which turned out really cool and made a neat souvenir of the party.

I know a couple tweenage girls who would’ve loved to get their hands on one of these babies:



The candy buffet (below left) featured 15 varieties; everything from jujubes to M&Ms. Oddly, the hot item was the candy corn. Who knew? Anyway, I remembered to pack little cello bags with the party gear and used them to pack up all of the “leftovers”. Ka-pow! Instant loot bags!



Oh, and in case you were wondering, the total cost for each laminate was just under $2 each, but would have been lower if my laminator hadn’t decided to misbehave. Having them laminated at Staples added about $3.50 to the total cost (I made 10).

No comments:

Post a Comment