October 4, 2010

Jewelry Re-dos, Part 1

Now that I am getting quite handy with the jewelry pliers, I have started to dip into my odd baskets and boxes of costume jewelry, looking for things to restyle. It's not only a fun (and FREE) resource of materials; it is proving to be great practice for working with chains and jump rings and other fiddly things.

This necklace (below left) was given to me about 20 years ago by my step-mother. (I think it was purchased in Morocco during the 60s, but don't quote me on that.) It has since lost its chain and sustained a few crudely-executed repairs. As much as I love it, it was just way too big to wear as-is. I am slowly poaching it for parts and the earrings in the "after" shot are the first of what I think will ultimately be 4 projects from the one piece.



Stay tuned for a peek at more jewelry restyling projects...I'm on a roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment