October 6, 2010

Jewelry Re-dos, part 3!

Remember yesterday’s necklace? I told you the story behind the pretty bits, but I forgot to mention that the chain was harvested from an old piece, too.

When you look at the “before” necklace (below), you’ll see why it has spent the past 2 or 3 years languishing in the bottom of a basket; it’s just not good. First of all, I can’t get past the fact that the chain is gold and the flowery part is silver. To me, that’s a deal breaker. Secondly…no, actually, there’s no need to go any farther; the gold/silver thing is inexcusable.



Now, don’t those daisies look much better on a soft, stretchy cord, made from upcycled t-shirts? The made-over version is so cute that I am having trouble deciding if I can part with it or not...


…and please pardon the slightly out-of-focus pics. No time for a re-shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment