June 12, 2011

June Photo Challenge - Day 12

Remember when I said that there were two photo challenge shots that almost didn’t happen? Well, this is number two. Although, unlike the animal photo that I managed to take in the 11th hour, so to speak, I guess you could say that this one technically didn’t happen at all.

Sun flares are actually pretty easy to achieve; they are the result of the sun’s rays directly hitting the lens of the camera. You really only need two things to make it happen – a camera and the sun. For half of the day, I had the sun and no camera. For the other half of the day, I had a camera and no sun. You see where I am going here?

At around 8pm, I gave up entirely and took matters into my own hands. A little (ha!) artistic license (and some cooperation from the mascot) was needed, but I finally got my shot. Sorta.



Son Flair

No comments:

Post a Comment