June 30, 2011

June Photo Challenge - Day 30

The final assignment for the June Photo Challenge is “family”.

I suppose how one defines their family can be as inclusive or as exclusive as they wish. My own family is pretty small and doesn’t seem to be getting any bigger. Such is the case when you’re an only child and have only one of your own, I suppose. Stripped down to its very core (and including only the people that live in the little white house with the red door), my family is really just me and Jake (aka the mascot.) We're a team, the kid and I.



Taking one step outward, I would include my fella* and my mom, and then after that, my “steps” – Susan, Nicole and Curt.

*I know R would probably balk at such a presumptuous statement, but hey, when it comes to numbers, our little family needs all the help we can get. If nothing else, it’s good to have someone who can act as a tie-breaker or an alternate for our beach volleyball team.

No comments:

Post a Comment