June 8, 2011

June Photo Challenge - Day 8

Day eight’s blog challenge subject was a bit of a nail-biter. Things like “breakfast” and “shoes”, I can control. When it comes to sunsets, I can only hope for the best.

When I woke up this morning, the skies were grey, drizzly and, to be frank, downright miserable. If things didn’t clear up by evening, I was going to be forced to cheat and take a picture of a picture of a sunset, or get clever and take a picture of my son setting the table. (Get it?)

Thankfully, the sun eventually did come out around mid-afternoon and things started looking up (pun intended). I wasn’t out of the woods yet, though, because actually capturing a sunset is a whole other story. Would there be spectacular colour? Would I be in exactly the right place at the right time? Would a flock of birds suddenly rise from the trees and silhouette themselves against the brilliant glow of the sky as I stood poised to capture the moment?



In short, no, none of that happened. But I did manage to take this picture from my front steps after dinner. It’s not the most exciting sunset I have ever witnessed, but it was definitely better than the sink full of dishes that awaited me inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment