December 18, 2011

Christmas Stalking - day 18

With very little snow on the ground and unseasonably warm temperatures (for Winnipeg), this year's festive season just hasn't seemed very festive. So, in a team effort to merry-up the joint, the mascot and I dragged the Christmas tree out of storage and set it up tonight.


Decorating the tree is always fun, but, for some reason, this year seemed even more so. Partly because my little elf brought everything up from the basement (and got rid of the empty boxes!), but mostly because we seem to finally have it down to an art. We had that baby assembled, lit and festooned in just under an hour. Now that's teamwork!


As always, it was a blast to look through our baubles and balls and reminisce about how each one came to be. We still have to pick up our "2011" ornaments, but two new additions were added to the collection this year - an adorable walrus from the ever awesome Lisagh, and a felted mushroom from my new friend (by way of the Twitter), Cindy.



Also notable and taking a place of honour at the top of the tree, this tiny framed pic of my dad (and me) circa 1985. This picture always makes me smile.





No comments:

Post a Comment