January 10, 2012

Flipping for Flipboard

Want to change the way you get your news and entertainment, read blogs and keep up with your social media sites on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad? There's an app for that.



I am hesitant to use the term "life changing", but Flipboard has definitely improved my surfing experience exponentially*. In particular, I love the way that it presents Facebook and Twitter feeds. If someone has posted a link or a photo, Flipboard displays it along with the text. Things that I may have ignored before, because I had to click on a shortened link or a tiny thumbnail, are now easily accessible and more likely to grab my interest. While it doesn't completely replace Twitter and Facebook apps**, it really makes perusing posts much more enjoyable.

The other thing that I love about Flipboard is how it curates the best of the web and delivers the coolest content, sorted by category, in an appealing and easy to read magazine-style format. You can literally "flip" from page to page, stopping at anything that piques your curiosity, and clicking on stories that you want to read more about. It also allows you to easily add blogs and RSS feeds, further personalizing your content to suit your interests. 

Flipboard is absolutely FREE and available through the app store.



*Full credit goes to my fella for suggesting that I download Flipboard to my iPod. xoxox
**Edit: once again, I've gotta give props to my fella for pointing out that you can, comment, retweet, etc while within Flipboard. Just click on the post to access the user controls!

No comments:

Post a Comment