February 17, 2012

Day 17 - Time



5:20. Just to be clear, that's a.m., not p.m.

It's a time that, if you had asked me 4 years ago, I would have been completely unfamiliar with*. Now it's my usual wake-up time from Monday to Friday... and, surprisingly, I don't even really hate it. Not much, anyway.

So, what am I doing up that early? Monday and Friday are spinning days (6:15 - 7:00), Tuesday is either rowing (6:15 - 6:45) plus a run OR Moksha (6:00 - 7:00) OR I teach a Group Power class at the Rady (6:10 - 7:10), Wednesday is "my" Group Power class at Reh-fit (6:15 - 7:15), and Thursday is Moksha (6:00 - 7:00). 

With that crazy schedule, 5:20 is the perfect time to wake up. I always listen to the clock radio for 10 mins (because I refuse to actually get up before 5:30) and then I swing my legs out of bed and start looking for a clean pair of yoga pants. If I am really with it the night before, I will have everything I need hanging over my footboard, ready to go. If not, there is usually a moment or two of panic as I search for my strangely elusive sports bra. (Why can I never find it??)

And, just for the record, I try to sleep in on weekends. I really do. Every Friday night the 5:20 alarm gets switched off and the 7:00 alarm gets switched on. If I am feeling especially decadent, I will even change it to 7:30, but let's not fool ourselves here. Try as I might, the likelihood of actually staying asleep for that long is pretty slim. Sigh.






*except, of course, for my days of being up at the ass-crack of dawn with the baby mascot. Has it really been almost 15 years? 

No comments:

Post a Comment