February 25, 2012

Day 25 - Green

My fella has what you might call a green thumb. He comes from a long line of botanically-gifted people and I think his very first email to me was about his perennials.

In the almost 4 years that we've been together, he has been very patient with my attempts at gardening, but I think I still have a long, long, long way to go. (Which is why I am sticking to things that will basically grow themselves in my 4 little gardens... Hostas, anyone?)

While I have completely given up on trying to keep houseplants alive, and switched to faux-foliage (fauxliage?), my fella is literally growing ORANGES in his living room.

This stunted orange tree has been in my fella's family for more than 40 years (remember what I said about a long line of green thumbs?) and currently has over a dozen oranges on its branches. It's a pretty impressive crop, but as you can see from today's challenge picture, they're not *quite* ready for mimosas.


No comments:

Post a Comment