March 20, 2012

Day 20 - Before & After


My fella has always been amazed by the number of dishes that we generate over the course of a day...or even just with one good meal. Just tonight, I used 3 pans, a pot, a mixing bowl, 3 wooden spoons and 2 knives just to get dinner on the table...plus our plates, bowls and cutlery. One of these days I will get the dishwasher fixed, but until then it all gets washed by hand.

Some days it's lot to deal with, so, in order to not get completely overwhelmed by the clean-up, I try to rinse, wash and stack as much as I can while the food prep is still underway. Then, after we've eaten, it just takes me a few minutes to finish up what's left in the sink and wipe down the counters and the stove. Everything drip-dries overnight and gets dealt with at some point the next day, depending on how busy we are. 

It doesn't bother me to have *clean* dishes waiting to be put away, but I can't sleep unless that sink is empty when I go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment