April 13, 2012

Day 13 - Fast Food


Ok, so maybe it's not technically "Fast Food", but it was pretty fast and it was most definitely food. This little veggie chick'n burger on a flatbread bun (with dijonnaise, ketchup, onions, lettuce, tomato and pickle) satisfied my mid-day burger craving, but was lighter on both my wallet and my waistline, and went together in about 5 mins. Plus, I didn't have to stand in line or eat off a plastic tray surrounded by OPK*.

The fact of the matter is, I don't eat Fast Food all that often; when I do it's usually Subway. If we are out and need to grab a quick bite, we stay away from the burger chains and gravitate towards places that are either alternative/healthy (Unburger, Boon, The Fyxx), ethnic (Wok Box, sushi, burritos), or local institutions (North Star, Sals). Sure, they usually take a little longer than the chains, but I am more than willing to wait a few extra minutes for food that has some soul. 

What's the big rush, anyway?


*other people's kids

No comments:

Post a Comment