April 27, 2012

Day 27 - Kitchen Decor

This is a framed menu from Chino Latino restaurant in Minneapolis. It lives on a tiny sliver of wall beside my fridge. The other side is a really cool poster print of a Mexican/Chinese guy, but I chose to frame it with the food-side-out for two reasons: 1) our dinner there was one of the most memorable ever and 2) whenever I can't decide what to cook, I turn to it for inspiration.

Chino Latino features an eclectic mish-mash of all of the best street foods from the world's "hot zones", from Pad Thai to a whole roasted pig dinner (72 hours notice, please.) On the night that we went, we had fish tacos, jerk chicken, and Mexican grilled corn that was so good we ordered seconds. And, yes, I fell off the veggie-wagon that night. I blame it on the massive tropical cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment