April 29, 2012

Day 28 - Guilty Pleasure


Narrowing down my "guilty pleasure" to just one thing is as ridiculous as it is impossible. I have more guilty pleasures than you can shake a peanut butter and chocolate sprinkle covered stick at. It just so happened that Saturday's errands included a little stop at Bulk Barn (aka "The Barn"), though, so my decision was kinda made for me.

And, yes, before you say "WTF? Her guilty pleasure is *granola*?", I should explain. You see, every time we visit The Barn, I run the gauntlet through seemingly endless aisles filled with all of my favourite things...tamari almonds, French burnt peanuts, Skor bits, chocolate in every form, vats of peanut butter and Nutella, trail mix, pretzels...it's enough to make a girl lose every last shred of restraint. 

But, I manage, and to reward myself for such strong will power, when I get to the very end of the last aisle, I treat myself to a little bag of the chunky supreme granola, which I eat in the car on the way to my next destination. It's fairly virtuous, in that it's basically oats, but there's enough sugar in there to make me feel like I am having a treat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment